Using a ratchet for the first time can be confusing. Here, Buchanans breaks down the process in a time-efficient and safe way.
- Ensure both ends of strap assembly are clasped to secure tie-down point.
*These include all-round bars on truck or ute-tray.
- Thread strap through the spool of closed ratchet strap and take the end back on itself.
- Remove any slack by manually pulling excess stock through.
- Tighten the ratchet using the crank mechanism to desired tension.
To ensure safe stowage of the long tail, this simple but effective trick is recommended.
1. Starting with a tennis ball size loop, wind the excess strap up.
2. Make a secondary loop on the strap.
3. Place the secondary loop through the hole.
4. Take the inserted loop back over the entire roll of strap.
5. Pull tight to create a firm grip on the excess strap.